Trips dedicated to study and watch whales and dolphins will go on until September 2016
Discounts for those joining for more than one course and for students. Special field techniques workshop in May
Here are trip dates and participation fees for the Cetacean Sanctuary Research project CSR 2016; if you are considering participating in an amazing study-and-watch whales and dolphins trip, or in a student workshop, here is some general information:
The table below indicates arrival (Monday) and departure (Sunday) dates. Every cruise departs from Sanremo, Italy, has a duration of 6 days, and hosts from 5 (minimum) to 11 (maximum) participants.
- Those participants joining us for more than one team will have a 10% discount in any additional team.(*) If interested please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fees are inclusive of food on board for the entire duration of the cruise.
- Official language on board is English.
- Cruise CSR_01 is specifically dedicated to workshops for University students willing to gain experience in research techniques. Official language is italian.
(*) Non-cumulative offer; this discount cannot be combined with any other promotion.
The participation fee is a donation to the institute and may be tax deductible in several countries.
- Food and beverages (breakfast, lunch and dinner, except for alcoholic and soft drinks) for the duration of the cruise, except for the dinner at a restaurant in town the day of the arrival
- Accommodation on board
- Mooring expenses in Sanremo Portosole harbour
- Electricity, water heating and cooking costs
- Fuel for boat and dinghy
- Lectures and training by Tethys researchers
- Scientific supervision
- Certificate of involvement in the Cetacean Sanctuary Research
- Research contribution
- Travel expenses to and from San Remo
- Mooring expenses outside of Portosole (approximately €80-100 per night, to be divided by all the crew with the exception of the skipper). It applies only occasionally
- Personal expenses (telephone, souvenirs, etc.)
- Meals other than those served onboard the boat
- Soft drinks, liquors and spirits (beer, wine, etc.)
[symple_box color=”blue” text_align=”left” width=”100%” float=”none”] Taking into account the situation of widespread crisis and willing to facilitate the participation to research cruises by motivated people and students, the Tethys Research Institute decided, two years ago, to lower participation fees (from 10% to 15% according to the period). Fees for 2015 are being maintained the same as well, despite inflation.